What product categories are eligible for this program?
You can find a complete list of categories here.
Are there certain types of products within these categories that QVC and/or HSN do not sell and that should not be submitted?
- We have found that certain types of products do not present an opportunity for success at QVC and/or HSN and will not be considered. They include the following types of products:
- Feminine Hygiene
- Sexual Aids
- Genuine Furs
- Tobacco-related Products
- CBD-related products
When and how am I able to submit my application?
- The submission form for THE BIG FIND will be launched on April 29, 2021. It will be open through 11:59 pm EST on June 8, 2021, at which point the submission period will close.
I have an idea/concept but have not yet developed a prototype. Am I eligible to submit?
- We ask that applicants only submit their product if they have a prototype available. While we do not require that you provide a physical sample with your initial online submission, we will need a sample later if you are selected to attend a virtual event.
- Product samples will need to be sent in advance of the virtual event, if invited to present.
What information is needed for me to submit?
- Please review the following examples of the information/materials you will be required to provide in connection with your submission, ahead of the April 29th launch date. Most notably, a VIDEO SUBMISSION is required along with your product information.
- Video (Review next question for more details!). In addition, up to 2 product images can be uploaded with your submission.
- Patent/development status of your product.
- Description of your product/invention
- List of the selling benefits and features of your product/invention.
- If your product/invention is currently being sold, list where and at what price.
- Suggested "Retail" selling price.
- Cost to manufacture (if known).
- What is the story behind your company/brand?
- Are there additional products in your product line?
- Who is your target customer?
- Is there a social media account (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) connected to this product/brand? If so, please provide account name(s).
- Do you have a manufacturer for your product and if so, where are they located?
- If you have claims regarding your product, can they be substantiated with the relevant and appropriate support or clinical testing?
- Are you capable of shipping directly to the customer? If not, are you open to using a third party?
- If selected, do you have someone who could represent your product on-air? If so, who?
What needs to be included in my video submission?
- In addition to all of the information above, you will need to submit a link to a video highlighting your product. The video should follow these guidelines:
- Length should be 2 minutes or less.
- Introduce yourself and how you are related to the product (e.g., inventor, CEO, brand representative, etc.).
- Give us your best product pitch, highlighting the features and benefits of the product, as if you were selling on-air at QVC or HSN!
- Please note that we require a video link (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), as opposed to an actual file upload.
If I am selected as a finalist, what happens next?
- If you are selected as a finalist to attend one of our virtual events in August, you will receive an email notification by June 25th at which point more details and next steps would be shared.
- Virtual events will be held the weeks of 8/2 & 8/9
- You will need a video capability (webcam, phone, audio) in order to participate virtually and a clean background to showcase your product pitch
What are the terms and conditions for submitting my product?
- You may view the terms and conditions for THE BIG FIND program here. All applicants must agree to these terms and conditions before submitting their product.
Will QVC and/or HSN enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement for my product submission?
- No, neither company will enter into a Non-Disclosure Agreement or otherwise have any obligation to maintain the secrecy of any products or materials you submit.
I want to submit an entire line of products. Do I need to fill out a submission form for each item?
- Please submit only one product application for the collection and provide collection details in the submission form.
Can I submit my product via email, fax, or US Mail?
- No, all submissions must be completed electronically through THE BIG FIND submission form online at https://www.rangeme.com/thebigfind2021.
How many samples of my product do I need to supply to QVC and/or HSN?
- During the initial product submission evaluation, QVC and HSN will not accept or need product samples. If your product is selected as a finalist and you are required to attend one of the virtual pitch events, we ask that you have a sample(s) of your product ready to send to QVC and HSN (exact quantity will be determined by product category).
Do you have any tips on completing my product submission?
- Make sure to complete the submission form fully and accurately. We highly recommend uploading photos of your product and providing the inspiration behind your product/company. We consider ourselves ‘storytellers’ at QVC and HSN and we want to hear all about your story!
- A video submission (via link) is required and any submission that does not include a video will not be considered. The video should represent the specific product(s) being submitted for consideration.
Can I save a partially completed application to edit at a later time?
- Yes, there are options available in RangeMe to save your drafted application and come back at a later time/date to edit before submitting. Note: While you can save a partially completed application, it must be submitted and approved before the deadline in order to be considered.
Can I change my application after I submit it?
- Once your application has been submitted, you cannot make any edits.
How will I know if my application was successfully submitted?
- You will receive an automated email from RangeMe immediately following your submission confirming receipt of your application. If you do not see the email after you have submitted, be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder.
How can I check the status of my product submission?
- Due to the high volume of submissions, our team or RangeMe are not able to provide status updates via email or telephone. You will receive an email notifying you whether your product has been selected as a finalist of this search no later than June 25th.
If I have questions, who can I contact?
- You may contact us via email at email@example.com with any questions about the submission form. Please note that this inbox is only meant for questions about the submission form; we will not reply to questions about the status of your submission once you have submitted it.