The product overview is the first of four sections that make up the RangeMe product upload form. This form includes five fields that help inform buyers about your product:
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Unique Selling Propositions
- Approvals & Certifications
1. Product Name
This field should include only the name of your product. The product name should be in English or a commonly understood word such as “Crepes.”
Please do not include any unique selling propositions or details, because a name that is too long may make your product listing appear unprofessional.
Retail buyers select their purchasing categories so that products can be matched by category and sub-category to the appropriate buyer. RangeMe works with our retail partners to create categories that best fit those used by retailers to discover and source new products.
Categories are organized by Segment > Category > Subcategory. In order to find the category that best fits your product:
1. Type in a keyword to search the categories
2. Click add if you find one that fits your product
If you cannot find your category through our search tool:
1. Select the most fitting Segment from the "Segment" dropdown
2. Select one of the Categories for this Segment from the "Category" drop-down
3. Select a Sub Category for this Category from the "Sub Category" drop down
4. Click "Add Category"
The description field allows suppliers to provide buyers with important additional details on their product. We recommend keeping it short and sweet with the most relevant information to help buyers decide if they would like to carry your product. Please keep in mind that there is a 500 character limit.
4. Unique Selling Propositions (USPs)
This field allows you to list up to three key attributes that set your product apart from its competitors. These attributes should be features that show your product is different or better from others in its category. Shorter USP's will help to improve your search results.
5. Approval and Certifications
This field allows you to choose any regulatory approvals and optional certifications you have obtained for your product. E.g. Certified Organic, TGA, etc.
Listing any approvals or certifications your product has received is a great way to promote your product!
In order to list your Approvals & Certifications
1. Select from our drop down menu or type directly into the field the name of your product's Approval or Certification
2. Repeat step 1 for all Approvals & Certifications that apply to your product
Note: Interested buyers will need to verify any approvals or certifications listed for your product on RangeMe.