The third section of the product upload form is the distribution section. This section will cover any fields that help a buyer to understand if your distribution strategy and capabilities are aligned with their own. This section includes:
- The country and state your product is manufactured in
- If your product is available
- If yes, where
- If no, when
- Distribution Capabilities
- Drop Shipping Capabilities
- Private Label Capabilities
- Product Storage Temperature
1. Country & State of Origin
This is the state & country where your product is manufactured.
2. Product Availability Field
This field allows you to indicate if your product is currently available in any retail stores.
If your product is not currently available in retail stores:
1. Under "Is this product available now?" select No
2. Enter the date when your product will be available to ship to retail
If your product is currently available in retail stores:
1. Under "Is this product available now?" select Yes
2. Click "Add retailers"
3. Select any retailers your product is available in
4. Provide the number of locations that carry your product for this retailer
Note: If your retailer is not nationally or regionally recognized or approved on the platform please select either independent convenience, grocery, optical stores, pharmacy or retailer.
Any retailers listed in this field will appear to potential buyers as seen below:
3. Distribution Capabilities
This field allows suppliers to indicate where they are able or willing to ship their products.
In order to list your distribution capabilities:
1. Select whether your capabilities are "National", "State" or "Unspecified"
National- if you select “National” you are indicating that you are able to distribute your product nationally for that platform
State- after selecting “State” you will be prompted to indicate any states that you are capable of distributing in
Unspecified- if you do not wish to indicate where you are currently capable of distributing (perhaps you believe these capabilities may change in the near future) you may select “Unspecified”
4. Drop Shipping
Please indicate whether or not your product can be "Drop Shipped." If a supplier is capable of drop shipping then they are able to fulfill the retailer's orders and deliver directly to consumers.
Note: this field is most relevant for any e-commerce retailers on the platform.
5. Private Label
Please indicate whether or not your product is available for “Private Label.” If a product is available for private label the supplier is willing to rebrand this product to the retailer’s private label brand.
6. Storage Temperature
Enter the maximum storage temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. Only applies to temperature sensitive products, e.g. chilled, frozen, etc.
If storage temperature is not applicable you can leave this field blank.